Sunday, October 9, 2016

Shift Shawl!

Let's sum it up, shall we?
  • 1 pattern by Larissa Brown
  • 5 skeins of Drops Alpaca
  • 1 set of 4mm circular needles
  • 25 days
  • 18 hours of blocking
  • gazillion alpaca fibers on my clothes
...and here it is. My Shift Shawl.


I made some minor changes to the original. I ran out of light beige yarn after 8 garter ridges (instead of 9, so I made additional two garter rows in off white, and then bound off using Jenny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off.
Wet blocking took almost 18 hours, but it was worth it!


I wish I had a set of blocking wires, that could help me with this weird wavy edge you can see on pic above. Luckily it vanishes when the shawl is worn! :)


This happens to be my first knitted shawl. The first one that's not a forever-WIP that is. And it is HUGE! I even convinced my reluctant husband to help me with pictures:


I'm still figuring out ways to wear it. In fact, I had to rush a bit this weekend, because tomorrow I'm going to buy a winter coat. And I don't have to tell you what will be first criterion!


Here's more detailed color info:

Garnstudio DROPS Alpaca (100% alpaca, sport weight)

A - natural white 0100
B - dark beige 0618
C - brown 0403
D - dark red 3650
E - light beige 0302

I used up most of color D, all but 2g of color E, but I should be able to knit a matching hat from what I have left.

However weird that sounds, I'm so happy about the gloomy, windy, damp days we have now. Weather like this was made for alpaca!


Have a nice (not necessarily warm) afternoon!
Gosia.

2 comments:

  1. Jesli masz druty na zylce to wciagnij je w krawedz blokowanej chusty, naciagnij i szpilki wbijaj pod zylke, nie pod wloczke w chuscie, unikniesz naciagnietych nitek.
    Chusta wyglada na cieplutka :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, dziękuję! Przy pierwszym praniu zastosuję :)

    ReplyDelete