Thursday, June 4, 2015

S is for Sasquatch Socks!

And finally! My hubby's huge socks are FINISHED! Size is 45 (10,5 UK, 11 US).
I started by casting on 72 sts. Did 28 rows of heel flap. Went down to 70 sts for the foot. 60 rows done before toe shaping .




Yesterday we watched Avatar (yup, for the first time) and since it was not exactly mind challenging - I managed to bring both socks to the toe shaping. 

I got up early today, so it wasn't long until I was ready to do some grafting:


Here's what they look like on my feet, I feel tiny!


And here's something special! My Big Foot agreed to wear them for a small session.
He says they feel a bit too loose around ankles. Well, it's a little too late to fix that :)



Now I have to hide my stash somewhere and get back to studying :)

Have a nice day! 

Gosia.


2 comments:

  1. I think they look like fabulous socks, Gosia, and you'll have your pattern perfected for your next pair. Sadly, studying does tend to get in the way of fun things like knitting, but hopefully all your exams will be over soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they look like fabulous socks, Gosia, and you'll have your pattern perfected for your next pair. Sadly, studying does tend to get in the way of fun things like knitting, but hopefully all your exams will be over soon xx

    ReplyDelete