Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Summer begins in 3... 2... 1...

Aaah! June started with summer heat and lovely sunny days! It's a shame to spend it all poring over books... so I awarded myself with some garden time :)
And I wasn't the only one who got shamelessly lazy today!


Our nightingale finally found his beloved one and stopped his all night long recitals. And since nature abhors a vacuum... Now we are condemned to listen to desperate squeaking of young and endlessly hungry long-eared owls. Still that's way better than urban noise in big city! 

This morning I caught a chickadee checking out the bird house on an apple tree.


As the season changed, new flowers are blooming in our garden. Red peonies and cornflowers are just two of my long list of favourites!



I felt kind of stupid knitting warm, woolly socks while sitting in warm sunshine. But as they say.. forewarned is forearmed! Winter will come sooner or later :)


I'm just few rows from finishing! Well.. more like 80 rows, but still.

Now I have to get back to work and read at least few pages before I can justify taking another break.

Have a nice afternoon!

Gosia.


No comments:

Post a Comment