Sunday, January 10, 2016

Creamy Cardi Returns!

In my last post I mentioned my Creamy Cardi as my biggest failure of 2015. I can't see a better way to start a new year, than correcting that mistake, and restarting the whole project.
Here I go (again)!
Since I'm a lazy person, and lately I don't have much time to spare I decided to knit straight from my unfinished sweater.


I know, I know, I should frogg it and let the yarn straighten. But that exceeds my patience!
This time I picked a pattern from Ravelry, one of several I got from Christmas giveaways. 
It's Chance of Snow by Elena Nodel. I love how detailed instructions are! It also covers a wide range of sizes. I chose S2 and am hoping for a comfy, snugly cardi. 
Also, I went down one size using 4mm instead of 5mm needles. My first cardi's fabric felt too loose and therefore uneven. 

Now just look at those cables!


This is how far I got in ten days:


It's really hard to show how it fits around my arms while taking a selfie... Believe me when I say - that's a nice fit!



There's not much going on in my crafter's life right now. Maybe except a funky Twiddlemuff I made for my grandma. You can read more about it in pattern from Warrington Hospital:


In last week temperatures returned to more friendly -2 to +3°C, but before that we had -15°C at night! This of course attracts dozens of birds to our feeder... and one very persistent, but luckily lousy, hunter:


He's been visiting for last three years, but haven't caught a single bird. But just look at this determined face!

I feel a need to add few rows to my cardi. Can't waste that!
Have a nice evening! 

Gosia. 

PS.: Hasiok&Friends is celebrating it's first birthday! I'd like to thank all visitors, especially those who managed to read my post this far. You're the best!



No comments:

Post a Comment