Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Summer Field Trip!

Last Sunday we decided to abandon Skyrim and let our poor PS3 rest for a while. We also had an overdue anniversary celebration, sooo...

We boarded our faithful vehicle and drove to Pszczyna. According to English Wikipedia it's pronounced [ˈpʂt͡ʂɨna] which sounds like, ummm... pshcheena? It's a lovely town just 60 km from where we live. You can read more about it here.

Our first stop was the European bisons pen. It was their lunch time!  


Fun fact: adult, male bison (like the one in the foreground) can weigh up to 920 kg. Just like me, my husband and our car... together.


That didn't scare away this peacock though! It was standing right by the biggest bull, waving his huge fan of shiny feathers. I guess he was an adrenaline addict of some sort :)


We also made friends with a very nosy fallow deer:


And took pictures of beautiful herd of deer. There were several fawns in the group!





After a short lunch break, we went to a heritage park: 

Beehives


Fun fact #2: I couldn't fit in this cottage's door! I wouldn't call myself tall (167cm), but I had to hunch to get inside. Either people were shorter in the past, or claustrophobia wasn't such a big deal back then.

Local musicians :)

We spent most of early afternoon in the park surrounding the palace:


And visited main square. There was a flea market, so I had to restrain myself from spending more money. Fortunately, my husband supervised my stroll :)


I had such a great time! 
And I came back with a creativity boost, and managed to finish my ponchette!


More pictures coming soon!

Have a lovely day! 

Gosia.




No comments:

Post a Comment