Sunday, March 29, 2015

Ugly but Snuggly... (Sn)uggly!

I discovered my main problem with knitting sweaters. I never wear them. Seriously. My Fourteen Alpacas Tunic is too warm, Autumn Mess pullover is cute, but leaves my undershirt all fuzzy...
My striped cardi is awesome, but the yoke is kind of stretched out...

So I thought about making a sweater that I WILL wear. Something to throw on myself when evenings are chilly. And I came up with an idea for the Ugly but Snuggly Sweater aka (Sn)uggly.


 Luckily I already have sufficient amount of yarn. I found it while renovating my attic bedroom. It's a 54%Acryl 46% PA bouclĂ© mix made in Czech Republic. Since I cannot find it in Ravelry's database and I'm pretty sure it's been discontinued.


Once I even stated working on a big simple sweater then but I never finished even one part of it.
Funny thing about this yarn it's that it is extremely efficient. This piece was made in garter stitch from one 100g skein:

Hand for scale

Now I'm off to mindlessly knitting my first sleeve!
Have a nice evening!

Gosia.

No comments:

Post a Comment