Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Slanting Cables Gone Wrong.

Winter just got very winterish all of a sudden. Tempertures stay below 0°C for most of the day and it snows every now and then. I found a little snowy heart under my window!



I came up with this form my bolster coushion cover:

Circumference 54cm
CO 64 st with provisional CO
Row1: * row always starts here: k2 p2 k4 p2 k24 p2 k4 p2 k22
Row2: k2 M1L p2 k4 p2 SSK k23 M1L p2 k4 p2 SSK k21 adjust row marker position
Row3: knit knits purl purls
Row4: k2 M1L p2 cross2L p2 SSK k23 M1L p2 k4 p2 SSK k21 adjust row marker position



 And I was happy about it... untill I realised that it was:

  • too big - I based my calculations on an old (and currently nonexistent) swatch.
  • weirdly shaped - that's what you get when you mess with the row marker
  • asymmetrical on sides - SSK isn't the neatest decrease.
That's how I abandoned my Slanting Cables Plan, and now I have a Vertical Cables Plan going on.
It wasn't easy to pick one version of it either:


I decided to go with three cables separated by two plain stripes. It's the last one sketched. 

Have a nice afternoon! 

PS.: Don't you just LOVE winter sky? I certainly do!


No comments:

Post a Comment